- Extremely comfortable - a latex mattress offers a soft yet supportive sleeping experience, able to alleviate pain. Latex mattresses have a very high owner satisfaction rating due to their restful comfort.
- Good body pressure support means that the spine will be lined up correctly while sleeping. The body pressure distribution properties of latex mattresses prevent pressure points on the body.
- Latex is a natural product - no exposure to harsh chemicals.
- Naturally mould resistant and dust mite resistant without use of added chemicals, unlike other mattresses.
- Excellent air circulation - the natural open-cell structure of latex allows air to circulate. In addition, latex mattresses are constructed with pin-holes in them which improve the air circulation even further.
- Durability - a latex mattress is one of the most durable types of mattresses. It keeps its comfort and softness without sagging for a very long time, beyond that of other mattress types.
- Expense - an all-natural latex mattress is relatively expensive compared to other mattresses, although not in comparison to memory foam.
- Very comfortable - many people enjoy the sensation of sleeping on a memory foam mattress.
- Does not transmit movement easily - movement on one side of the bed does not affect the other side. Memory foam excels at this property above and beyond other mattresses.
- Feels hot when sleeping - this property is due to the heat sensitivity of memory foam. Many people in warm climates such as Singapore find a memory foam mattress unpleasantly warm to sleep on.
- Off-gassing - this is an unpleasant chemical odour which is emitted by many memory foam mattresses, especially when new. Not only does off-gassing smell nasty, but health-wise you might be concerned about breathing in these chemicals when sleeping.
- Takes more energy to roll over - when you roll over or move on a memory foam mattress, it takes up more of your energy to do so. This is because of the high viscosity of memory foam. Therefore, those who move a lot in bed may find this interrupts their sleep more than it would on another type of mattress.
- Poor air circulation - air does not circulate easily in a memory foam mattress, making it less well suited for warm humid climates such as those found in Singapore.
- Not so durable - eventually the memory foam loses its ability to 'spring back'. The heavier the person is, the faster a memory foam mattress will break down.
- Expense - a memory foam mattress is more expensive than most other types of mattresses.
Your Mattress Could Be Harmful By Acting As A Radiation Antenna
You may be surprised to find out that the mattress you are lying on could in fact be acting as a radiation antenna3. ...
What Is The Most Customizable Sleep System Possible?
The right bed for you will not be so comfortable for someone else, and vice versa: everyone is different. So, you mig...
Why Slatted Bed Base?
Do you want the best sleeping sensation with unsurpassed quality? Try sleeping on our latex mattress and adjustable s...