- Extremely comfortable - a latex mattress offers a soft yet supportive sleeping experience, able to alleviate pain. Latex mattresses have a very high owner satisfaction rating due to their restful comfort.
- Good body pressure support means that the spine will be lined up correctly while sleeping. The body pressure distribution properties of latex mattresses prevent pressure points on the body.
- Latex is a natural product - no exposure to harsh chemicals.
- Naturally mould resistant and dust mite resistant without use of added chemicals, unlike other mattresses.
- Excellent air circulation - the natural open-cell structure of latex allows air to circulate. In addition, latex mattresses are constructed with pin-holes in them which improve the air circulation even further.
- Durability - a latex mattress is one of the most durable types of mattresses. It keeps its comfort and softness without sagging for a very long time, beyond that of other mattress types.
- Expense - an all-natural latex mattress is relatively expensive compared to other mattresses, although not in comparison to memory foam.
- Very comfortable - many people enjoy the sensation of sleeping on a memory foam mattress.
- Does not transmit movement easily - movement on one side of the bed does not affect the other side. Memory foam excels at this property above and beyond other mattresses.
- Feels hot when sleeping - this property is due to the heat sensitivity of memory foam. Many people in warm climates such as Singapore find a memory foam mattress unpleasantly warm to sleep on.
- Off-gassing - this is an unpleasant chemical odour which is emitted by many memory foam mattresses, especially when new. Not only does off-gassing smell nasty, but health-wise you might be concerned about breathing in these chemicals when sleeping.
- Takes more energy to roll over - when you roll over or move on a memory foam mattress, it takes up more of your energy to do so. This is because of the high viscosity of memory foam. Therefore, those who move a lot in bed may find this interrupts their sleep more than it would on another type of mattress.
- Poor air circulation - air does not circulate easily in a memory foam mattress, making it less well suited for warm humid climates such as those found in Singapore.
- Not so durable - eventually the memory foam loses its ability to 'spring back'. The heavier the person is, the faster a memory foam mattress will break down.
- Expense - a memory foam mattress is more expensive than most other types of mattresses.
What Is The Most Customizable Sleep System Possible?
The right bed for you will not be so comfortable for someone else, and vice versa: everyone is different. So, you mig...
Why Slatted Bed Base?
Do you want the best sleeping sensation with unsurpassed quality? Try sleeping on our latex mattress and adjustable s...
What Is A Latex Mattress?
Do you want to wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day’s challenges? Try sleeping on our 100% pure latex matt...